Dry-eye syndrome treatment using intense pulsed light technology.
E-Eye is a device that generates a new type of polychromatic pulsed light by producing perfectly calibrated and homogenously sequenced light pulses. The sculpted pulses are delivered under the shape of regulated train pulses. The energy, spectrum and time period are precisely set to stimulate the meibomian glands in order for them to return to their normal function.
Simple & fast
• Session treatment only takes a few minutes.
• Patients are comfortably seated on a treatment chair, preferably tilted. The metal eyewear protection are adjusted on the patients eyes. Then optical gel is applied on the cheekbone and the temporal areas.
• A series of 5 flashes are applied under one eye, starting from the inner canthus uo to the temporal area, using the nominal power.
• The same process is then repeated under the other eye.
• The stimulation leads to the meibomian glands returning to their normal function in a very short time (a couple hours) following the treatment.
• The full success of treatment depends on the compliance with a specific protocol. This protocol consists of 3 sessions as follows:
– Day 0
– Day 15
– Day 45
– Day 75 (optional)