When Accuracy Matters
Click below to compare small vs large cones
The Medmont E300 USS Corneal Topographer offers the practitioner extreme accuracy for the mapping of a patients cornea. Utilising a PC, the patients full corneal history can be stored and accessed quickly and efficiently. A huge range of display options is now available providing the user with information that they previously would only have dreamed about!
Here is the main and most important fact that makes the current E300 topographer better than the Oculus K5.
The current E300 does
- Composite Mapping (Ability to capture Limbus to Limbus. No other Placido ring topographer can do this on the market)
- Dry Eye Analysis (Link to study below. Key indices 12.1 seconds or less is considered a potential dry eye patient)
- Standard capture Medmont 10-11mm (Oculus claims 8-9mm with extrapolated data)
- See attached PDF Medmont left, Oculus on the right
Contact Lens software, very accurate, see PDF for comparison of lens on eye and Medmont studio software simulator prediction
The Medmont E300 offers extreme accuracy for the mapping of a patient’s cornea. It has a standard deviation of error of less than 2 microns. To put that into perspective, the average human hair is 75 microns. It is also the only Placido Ring Topographer on the market that can map the cornea from Limbus to Limbus. This is a huge advantage when fitting Scleral or GP lenses.
• 32 Rings
• 102,000 Analysed Points
• 9600 Measurement Points
• Composite Mapping Coverage 0.25mm to 14mm
• Extrapolated Data Out to 17mm
• Power Range 10 – 100 Diopters
THE GOLD STANDARD
Used extensively by the top Contact Lens Manufacturers and Optometry Universities throughout the world, the E300 is considered the Gold Standard for fitting Specialty Contact Lenses.
With the ability to map out to 14mm, using Composite Mapping, it gives the practitioner / technician a very high percentage of first fit success rates.
EASE OF CAPTURE
Corneal Topographer Maps are captured automatically with a simple alignment system, meaning maps are captured in seconds, not minutes. Difficult surfaces become a simple task and patient comfort is completely optimised.
THE NEW BENCH MARK FOR DRY EYE ANALYSIS
The Results are In What the Study Showed
- 12.1s Auto Breakup Time (TBUT) is the best cutoff time for Dry Eye Disease
- Specificity of 94% and Sensitivity of 82%, which is more accurate than the tradtional fluorescence method of detecting dry eye
- Repeatable baseline to measure Dry Eye progression